Al Nagah III is the third in the series of the bilateral joint exercise between India and Oman will be held between March 12 to March 25 in Oman.
- India-Oman bilateral security ties have continued to develop since the beginning of India-Oman Joint Military Cooperation meetings in 2006.
- Exercise Al Nagah III follows the first two joint exercises that were held in Oman in January 2015 and India in March 2017 respectively.
- It aims at enhancing interoperability in counterterrorist operations in semi-urban mountainous terrain.
- The exercise will see both the armies exchanging expertise and experience in tactics, weapon handling, and firing.
- The Indian Army contingent is going to be represented by 10th Battalion of the Garhwal Rifles.