Arunachal Pradesh CM inaugurated India’s longest single-lane steel cable suspension bridge across the Siang river at Yingkiong in Upper Siang district.
- The bridge has been named Byorung Bridge and is 300-metre-long.
- It is built at a cost of Rs48.43-crore provided by the DONER (Department for Development of North Eastern Region) Ministry.
- The Union Government had sanctioned 268 road projects worth ₹3,800-crore under PMGSY and are estimated to cost ₹124.65-crore.
- The bridge would help 20,000 people on either banks of the river, besides bolstering the defence preparedness.
- It is expected to benefit defense preparedness and facilitate the army in their operations.