China develops its own ‘Mother of All Bombs’
Why in News?
China has developed a massive bomb, said to be the country’s answer to the US-built ‘Mother of All Bombs’, the most powerful non-nuclear weapon.
- Mother of All Bombs is said to be the most powerful non-nuclear weapon
- It works on a combination of heat and pressure applying lessons that have been widely learnt from coal mine explosions or other industrial accidents. These are often created by clouds of gas or fine particles erupting into flame.
- The bomb was airdropped by an H-6K bomber and caused a gigantic explosion
- The heat and pressure effects are formidable – soldiers caught in the blast could have the air sucked from their bodies and even their internal organs catastrophically destroyed
- Chinese weapon is smaller and lighter than its American counterpart