Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated first mega food park of Himachal Pradesh.
- The Park is located at Village Singhain Una District of Himachal Pradesh and is the first mega food park operationalised in Himachal Pradesh.
- It is set up at a cost of Rs 107.34 crore.
- It will benefit people of Una district and nearby districts of Kangra, Hamirpur and Bilaspur.
- The Mega Food park provides facilities including Multi-crop pulping line with bulk aseptic packaging (24 MT/ hour), Frozen storage (1,000 MT), Deep Freeze, Dry Warehouse, QC Laboratory and other food processing facilities.
- The mega food park will leverage an additional investment of about Rs 250 crores in 25-30 food processing units in the park and generate a turnover of about Rs 450-500 crore annually.
- It will also provide direct and indirect employment to 5,000 persons and benefit about 25,000 farmers in the CPC and PPC catchment areas.
Mega Food Park Scheme:
- The Scheme of Mega Food Park gives a major boost to the food processing sector by adding value and reducing food wastage at each stage of the supply chain with particular focus on perishables.
- It is based on “Cluster” approach and envisages creation of state of art support infrastructure in a well-defined agri / horticultural zone for setting up of modern food processing units in the industrial plots provided in the park with well-established supply chain.
- It create modern infrastructure facilities for food processing along the value chain from farm to market along with strong forward and backward linkages through a cluster-based approach.