India for Afghan-led peace talks:UPSC
India supports the efforts of the government and the people of Afghanistan to build an inclusive nation, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said at a meeting with the Foreign Ministers of Central Asian countries and Afghanistan.
- The First meeting of “India – Central Asia” Dialogue with participation of Afghanistan was held in January 2019 in Samarkand, Uzbekistan. The meeting had representation from Afghanistan, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and
- Both sides highlighted their ancient civilizational, cultural, trade, people to people links between India and Central Asia and expressed commitment to cooperation at bilateral and multilateral formats.
- Counter-terrorism – India and the Central Asian countries have condemned terrorism in all its forms and manifestations and agreed to cooperate in countering terrorism.
- A joint statement issued after the Samarkand meeting highlighted the opportunities that the collaborative platform would provide for the people of Afghanistan and asked for Kabul’s participation.
- The regional Ministers described Afghanistan as a “land link” in the region that will help in connectivity among the nations.