India won their fifth consecutive SAFF Women’s Football championship on Friday defeating hosts Nepal 3-1 in the finals.In this match, for India goals were score by Dalmia Chhibber (26th minute), Grace Dengmei (63rd minute) and Anju Tamang (76th minute). For Nepal single goal was score by Sabitra Bhandari at 33rd minute.
About SAFF Women’s Championship:
- It is also called the South Asian Football Federation Women’s Cup
- The members of SAFF are Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- It is held every two years.
- SAFF is an association of the football playing nations in South Asia and is part of the larger Asian Football Confederation.
- It was established in 1997 and is byproduct of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), a regional organization of eighth South Asia countries.
- Its founding members are India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Bhutan had joined it 2000 and Afghanistan in 2005.
- In February 2015, Afghanistan officially had left SAFF. Now SAFF has total 7 participating nations India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka and Bhutan.