PM Narandra Modi has established the framework stone for the Kashi Vishwanath Corridor. The task imagines a monstrous makeover of the blessed place of worship and its encompassing zones.
Kashi Vishwanath Corridor:
- The primary temple, Kashi Vishwanath temple, which is situated on the left bank of the holy river Ganga is encompassed by thin and little, claustrophobic paths.
- The 50-feet-wide Kashi Vishwanath Corridor will interface the old holy place and one of the 12 Jyotirlinga temple to the well-known ghats of Varanasi.
- The prime spot of worship in the city, and maybe the nation, battles to oversee humongous crowds in its congested lanes during festive times, which is truly round the year.
- About 3,000 – 5,000 individuals visit the temple consistently and on special occasions like Mahashivratri and Shravan month it comes to more than 1 to 3 lakh.
- The total cost of the project is pegged at Rs 600 crore.