Atal Solar Krishi Pump Yojana
Why in News?
Maharashtra govt. has launched ASKP scheme for farmers to provide subsidy of upto 95% on solar agriculture pumpsets.
- To encourage farmers to use solar agriculture pumps, the Maharashtra government has decided to give two LED bulbs, a DC fan and a mobile charging socket as freebies.
- The State has launched the Atal Solar Krishi Pump Yojana (ASKP) for farmers with a subsidy of up to 95 per cent on solar pumpsets.
- Farmers with less than 5 acres of land just need to day 5% i.e. Rs. 12,000 and get three horse power pump
- Farmers with more than 5 acres of land just need to pay Rs. 30,000 and get five horse power solar powered pump
- The government aims to reach out to farmers from remote areas where the agricultural feeder is not possible.
- The State aims to reduce losses due to non-payment of electricity bills and also promote solar energy by implementing the scheme.