Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the ‘Noida City Centre-Noida Electronic City section’ (6.6-km) of the Delhi Metro’s Blue Line.
- The Noida City Centre and Noida Electronic City (fully elevated section) consist of six stations – Sector 34, Sector 52, Sector 61, Sector 59, Sector 62 and Noida Electronic City.
- The blue line of Delhi Metro starts at Dwarka sector 21 and now ends at Noida Electronic City. The branch of this line is at the Yamuna bank and goes towards Vaishali.
- The metro stretch will benefit the people of Noida a great deal as well as connect the satellite city to Delhi.
- The Delhi Metro will now have a network with a length of 343 km with 250 stations across the National Capital Region.
- The Prime Minister also laid the foundation stone of two thermal Power Plants through video conferencing, 1,320 MW Super Thermal Power Project at Khurja (Bulandshahar) and the 1,320 MW thermal power plant at Buxar (Bihar).