Six States to Sign Agreement for Renukaji Multipurpose Dam Project

By |

Renukaji Dam Project:UPSC IAS Exam

An agreement for Renukaji Dam Multipurpose Project is to be signed soon among six states- Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand.

Key Facts:

  • The Renuka Dam project has been conceived as a drinking water supply scheme for the National Capital Territory of Delhi and envisages the construction of 148 m high rock fill dam on river Giri at Dadahu in Sirmaur district and a powerhouse at toe of the dam.
  • The project will also generate 40 MW of power during peak flow. The project is proposed to be executed by Himachal Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd. (HPPCL).
  • The live storage of Renukaji MPP is 0.404 MAF and total submergence area is about 1508 hectares in the territory of HP.
  • Advertisement
  • These three projects were identified as National Projects in 2008 under which 90% funding of the cost will be provided by the Govt. of India as central assistance and the rest 10% will be borne by the beneficiary states.
  • Stored water of Renukaji Dam will be used by UP, Haryana & NCT of Delhi from Hathnikund Barrage, by NCT of Delhi  from Wazirabad Barrage and by UP, Haryana and Rajasthan from Okhla Barrage.

Source:The Hindu

Latest Current Affairs

Current Affairs Quiz


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *