Indians are not as happy in 2019 as they were in 2018 and the country figures at 140th place, seven spots down from last year, on UN World Happiness Report- 2019.
- The list is topped by Finland for the second year in a row.
- India figures at 140th place, seven spots down from last year.
- Pakistan is ranked 67th, Bangladesh 125th and China is place at 93rd.
- People in war-torn South Sudan are the most unhappy with their lives, followed by Central African Republic (155), Afghanistan (154), Tanzania (153) and Rwanda (152).
- According to the report, the overall world happiness has fallen over the past few years.
About World Happiness Report:
- The World Happiness Report is an annual publication of the United NationsSustainable Development Solutions Network.
- It contains articles, and rankings of national happiness based on respondent ratings of their own lives, which the report also correlates with various life factors.
- The report ranks countries on six key variables that support well-being: income, freedom, trust, healthy life expectancy, social support and generosity.
- The happiness study ranks the countries of the world on the basis of questions from the Gallup World Poll. The results are then correlated with other factors, including GDP and social security.