Gender parity still looks like a faraway dream in India with women of the country earning 19 percent less than the men, according to a report prepared by monster.com.
Monster Salary Index report:
- It was prepared by Monster India in collaboration with Paycheck.in with IIM-Ahmedabad as a research partner.
- Women in India earn 19% less than their male counterparts and 60% working women in India feel that discrimination at work.
- Wage inequalities in favour of men are present in all the relevant sectors.
- The median gross hourly salary for men was Rs 242.49—earned Rs 46.19—more in comparison to women who earned Rs 196.3 in 2018.
- Gender pay gap encompasses across key industries, IT/ITES services showed a sharp pay gap of 26 per cent in favour of men, while in the manufacturing sector, men earn 24 per cent more than women.