WBCS 2019 Preliminary Exam Answer Key, Question Paper, Solutions (Now Available) – Get here
WBCS(West Bengal Civil Service) 2019 Answer Key is released here after the exam. WBPSC conducted West Bengal Civil Service preliminary examination on 9th February 2019.The answer key of WBCS 2019 exam comprises of correct answers to all the questions asked in the exam.As per WBPSC marking scheme, for correct answer in preliminary Exam, candidates will get 1 mark assigned to that question for every correct answer while 1/3 marks will be deducted for wrong answer in General Studies Paper . Candidates can read all details of WBCS answer key 2019 here.
WBCS Exam 2019 Answer Key
1. Correct the following sentence and choose the right answer: We had gone to the movies last night
Answer:W’e went to the movies last night
2.The tranquility and sanctity of the place soothed us. Replace the underlined word with a suitable word
3. The detective suddenly _a useful clue. Fill in with the right phrasal verb
4. Find the appropriate synonym of the word ‘Indefatigable’.
5.The word ‘beleaguered’ means
6. Convert the given sentence into an interrogative sentence: I will meet you at the train station”
Answer:Where will you meet me?
7. She wanted to go on vacation, so she saved money. Convert this to a simple sentence.
Answer:She saved money for vacation.
8. Convert the given sentence into a simple sentence:
Pancakes are delicious but not without syrup.
Answer:Pancakes are delicious only with syrup
9.Add a suitable prefix to form the opposite of the word ‘Balance’
10. Fill in with the appropriate word: The jury ___ divided in their opinion,
11. He preferred classical music– popular numbers. Choose the correct preposition.
12. He entered the hall in the part ____ of the show. Which is the right answer?
13. He says he has invented a time machine, which is clearly a load of cobblers.
14. Choose the right option to rewrite the sentence: No sooner ___the sun risen than the fog disappeared.
15. Fill in the blank with the suitable option: Let’s meet____ next week.
16.Change the voice of the verb and select the correct answer: ‘The script is being written.’
Answer: They are writing the script.
17.The idiomatic expression ‘see eye to eye’ means
Answer: agree with someone.
18. Ornithology is the study of
19. Ram made the most____ his resources. Choose the correct preposition.
20.The word necrophilia means
Answer:Fascination with dead bodies
21.Which is the correct form of the given sentence: They discussed about the matter.
Answer:They discussed the matter.
22. Fill in with the right option: I ____him for a long time.
23.Select the correct answer to fill in the blank: I am sure I ___ him before.
24.Fill in with suitable conjunction: He advanced_____he could.
Answer:as far as
25.Select the right answer: My watch is five minutes_____
26. Who founded the ‘All India Harijan Samaj’ in 1932?
Answer: M.K. Gandhi
27.Who is the founder of the Ghadar Party?
Answer: Lala Hardayal
28.Where was the Provisional Government of Independent India (Azad Hind) formed?
29. The famous INA trials took place at the Red Fort, Delhi in
30.Where did the congress working committee first accept the idea of Quit India Movement?
31. Which leader died on the day the Noncooperation movement was launched in 1920?
Answer:Bal Gangadhar Tilak
32.At which session of the Indian National Congress was ‘Vande Mataram’ sung for the first time?
Answer: 1896 session
33. When was the Non-cooperation movement suspended?
34. The first session of the Indian National Congress was presided over by
Answer:Womesh Chander Banerjee
35. Who set up the Indian Independence League?
Answer: Rash Bihari Bose
36. The provision for separate electorate for Hindus and Muslims was made in
Answer: Minto-Morley reforms
37. In which session did the Indian National Congress declare Poorna Swaraj (Complete Independence) to be its goal?
38.Which important event immediately preceded the Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
Answer: Rowlatt Act enactment
39.The famous Pakistan resolution was passed at
40. Which Act was known as ‘Black-Bill’?
Answer: Rowlatt Act
41. Who once remarked – ‘Nehru is a patriot while Jinnah is a Politician.’
Answer: Maulana Azad
42. The Khilafat movement was started by
43.Which battle established the supremacy of the British rule in India?
Answer: Battle of Buxar, 1764
44. 6th April, 1930 is well known in the history of India because this date is associated with
Answer :Dandi March by Mahatma
45.Which day was declared as the Direct Action Day by the Muslim League?
Answer: 16th August, 1946
46. Who said – ‘The Simon Commission Report should be thrown on a heap of rubbish’?
Answer: M.K. Gandhi
47. Kuka movement is associated with which of the following states?
48.The idea of Pakistan was first conceived by
49.The Rowlatt Act was passed in the year
50.Which of the following movements immediately followed the partition of Bengal?
Answer: Swadeshi movement
51. Which of the following Amendments of the Indian Constitution is related to reservation of SC’s and ST’s representation of Anglo Indians in the Lok Sabha and State Assembly?
Answer: 79th Amendment
52.The Panchayati Raj System of India has
53. Article 280 of the Indian Constitution lays down the establishment of the
54. Power to grant pardons are enjoyed by which of the following constitutional authorities?
55. Consider the following statements:
The Parliamentary Committee on Public Accounts
1. consist of not more than 25 members of the Lok Sabha.
2.examine public expenditure not only from legal and formal point of view, to discover technical irregularities but also from the point of view’ of economy, prudence, wisdom and propriety. 3.examine the report of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Answer: 2 and 3 only
56. The Impeachment of the President of India can be initiated in
Answer:either House of the Parliament.
57. District Judge in a state are appointed by the
58.The eighty-sixth Amendment of the Constitution of India altered a Directive Principle of the Constitution to provide for
Answer: early childhood care and education for all children until they complete the age of six years.
59. Which Schedule of the Constitution of India distributes power between the Union and the States?
Answer: Seventh Schedule
60. What is ECF?
Answer: Equity Cash Flow
61. Which Article of the Constitution of India guarantees to all citizens the freedom of speech and expression?
62.Who was one of the advocates of ‘United Sovereign Bengal’?
63.Which of the following organisation released Agricultural Marketing and Farm Friendly Reforms Index?
64.According to the Constitution of India it is the duty of the President to present which of the following on the desk of the Parliament –
1. Recommendations of Union Finance Commission.
2. Report of the Public Accounts Committee.
3. Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General.
4. Report of the National Scheduled Caste Commission.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Answer: 1, 3 and 4
65.Mark the correct date and year in which the Indian Constitution came into being
Answer: 26th January, 1950
66.Consider the following statements about Regional Comprehensive Economic Programme (RCEP).
1. It is an economic cooperation for the China led free trade.
2. It is a counter cooperation for the America led trans-Pacific partnership.
3. In the countries involved in this cooperation Indian Professionals will have job market.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
(A) 1 and 2 (B) 1 and 3 (C) 2 and 3 (D) All of the above
Answer: All of the above
67.PCA stands for
Answer: Prompt Corrective Action
68. In the latest ‘Ease of Doing Business Report 2019’ released by the World Bank, India has secured
69.With reference to Hausla 2018, consider the following statements:
1. It is an initiative of Ministry of Minority Affairs.
2. It provides a platform to children living in Child Care Institutions (CCIs) to showcase their skills. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(A) 1 only (B) 2 only (C) Both I and 2 (D) Neither 1 nor 2
70.The power to increase the number of judges in the Supreme Court of India is vested in
Answer: The Parliament
71. The fundamental object of ‘Panchayati Raj’ system is to ensure which among the following?
Answer:(A) People’s participation in development and (C) Democratic decentralization
72. The ideal of ‘Welfare State’ in the Indian Constitution in enshrined in its
Answer: Directive Principles of State Policy
73.What will follow if a Monetary Bill is substantially amended by the Rajya Sabha?
Answer:The Lok Sabha may still proceed with the Bill. accepting or not accepting the recommendations of the Rajya Sabha
74. In the Constitution of India, promotion of international peace and security is included in the
Answer:Directive Principles of State Policy
75. Right to vote and to be elected in India is a
Answer: Legal Right
76. East Kolkata wetlands have been declared as
Answer: Ramsar site
77.Bhur of Upper Ganga Plain of India is
Answer: Muddy areas
78.West Bengal Land Reform Act came into force in
79. Head Quarter of Central Inland Water Transport Corporation of India is located in
80. Metro rail was started in Kolkata in
81.About 80% of the coal reserves of India lie in the
Answer: Damodar valley
82. The full-fledged state of Telengana came into existence on
Answer: 1st June , 2014
83.Dhaniakhali is famous for
Answer: Tant industry
84.Western part of Tista river is known as
85.Sundarban is declared as ‘World Heritage Site’for
Answer: Mangrove forest
86. Jalpaiguri town is located in the bank of
Answer:Tista and Karala river
87. Rammam hydroelectric power is located in
88. Which of the following pairs is incorrectly matched?
Answer: Dachigam: Asiatic lions
89.First railway line was started in West Bengal between
Answer: Howrah to Hooghly
90.The tropic of Cancer does not pass through
91.The Shola forest found in
Answer: The Western Ghats
92. Kolleru lake is located between
Answer:Godavari and Krishna
93.What is Demographic Dividend?
Answer: Increase in 16-64 year age group of population
94.Which of the following district was not in West Bengal at the time of Independence of India?
95.Literacy rate of West Bengal is
96. Mention the name of the state which has larger boundary with West Bengal among the following states of India.
97.Laskshadeep is a island of
Answer: Coral island
98. In India, which type of forest among the following occupies the largest area?
Answer:Tropical Moist deciduous
99. Manasorovar lake lies in
Answer: Kailas Range
100. Shilong is situated in
Answer: The Khasi Hills
Answer Key Full Download Now
WBCS preliminary Exam 2019 Question Paper
WBCS 2019 Cut Off
Download Previous year question paper Click here